Director of Communications
Posted on 10-30-2014
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the planning and development of the Organization’s Communications strategies both internally and externally. The creation of support material and development of relationships with media outlets to ensure adequate coverage of the work of the organization. Directs all of the efforts relative to communications, marketing and public relations at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive communications, marketing and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the community and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Development a strategy around social media to ensure that CCE has fresh and relevant updates and posts that reflect the work of the organization and creates a climate of interest in our work
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organizational print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Ensures that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversees this activity. Monitor trends in effective communications.
- Responsible for the achievement of the communications plan and its contribution to the overall financial and programmatic goals of the organization.
- Development of both a short and long-term strategic plan relative to communications and public awareness of the organization
- Make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the look and content of the web-site content plan and calendar
- Ensure that all events are marketed effectively using both the web-site and social media
- Ensure shot-lists and digital capture of all events to provide media and web content
- Bi-weekly artist newsletter using Constant Contact
- Maintain calendar of events and special features for web content
- Stay appraised of emerging social media technologies, trends and industry news
- Coordinate the production of the annual report
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a field that would support success in this role
- Master’s degree preferred in nonprofit management, public relations, communications, or an MBA
- Must have at least 5 years of progressive experience in a similar position with a proven track record in the design and execution of an effective communications, marketing, and public relations program
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products, WordPress, and constant contact
- Proven experience in designing and managing an effective social media program
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, media professionals and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
- Membership in IABC (International Association of Business Communications) and IABC accreditation are desirable
- Must successfully pass Level II background check and cleared through the Department of Homeland Security
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone
Salary commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY - EMAIL YOUR RESUME & CREDENTIALS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please